CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2017 RECIPIENTS:
EMERALD ASSOCIATION OF PUTNAM COUNTY
P.O. Box 141, Brewster, NY 10509
2018 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
City, State, Zip Code: __________________________________________
High School: _________________________________________________
The Emerald Association Scholarships are awarded each year to graduating high school students who are planning to continue their education at a college, university or approved trade or business school. The candidates must be sons, daughters, grandsons or granddaughters of members of The Emerald Association of Putnam County.
Please complete the Application and return to:
Jim Scully (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Guidelines for the $600 Emerald Scholarship:
- Candidates who meet all the guidelines may participate in the scholarship lottery, but only 6 will be chosen.
- The drawing will take place at the April general membership meeting.
- A member in good standing must submit candidate’s name, dues must be paid by March 31st of current year.
- Candidate’s representative must be a member for the last 2 calendar years.
- Member must have attended a minimum of 4 meetings each year. (Attendance Sign‐In required.)
- Candidate must be represented at the drawing by herself/himself or the representative listed above.
- The proceeds of the scholarship will be paid upon successful completion of the 1st semester and submission of an “official raised stamped” transcript from the college, university or approved trade or business school to the scholarship administrator.
- Candidates or members of their family are required to help at the annual Feis held each May and demonstrate a history of participation in events that promote “Irish Culture”* or participate in Community Service during Middle and High School. (Min 10 hrs)
- Completed application must be received by the Scholarship Administrator, Jim Scully at or before the March meeting.
*Gaelic football, hurling, Irish step dancing, musical instrument or other Irish traditional activity.