CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2017 RECIPIENTS:
EMERALD ASSOCIATION OF PUTNAM COUNTY
P.O. Box 141, Brewster, NY 10509
2018 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
City, State, Zip Code: __________________________________________
High School: _________________________________________________
The Emerald Association Scholarships are awarded each year to graduating high school students who are planning to continue their education at a college, university or approved business school. The candidates must be sons, daughters, grandsons or granddaughters of members of The Emerald Association of Putnam County.
Please complete the Application and return to:
Jim Scully (email@example.com)
Guidelines for the $600 Emerald Scholarship:
- Candidates who meet all the guidelines may participate in the scholarship lottery, but only 6 will be chosen.
- The drawing will take place at the April general membership meeting.
- A member in good standing must submit candidate’s name, dues must be paid by March 31st of current year.
- Candidate’s representative must be a member for the last 2 calendar years.
- Member must have attended a minimum of 4 meetings each year. (Attendance Sign‐In required.)
- Candidate must be represented at the drawing by herself/himself or the representative listed above.
- The proceeds of the scholarship will be paid upon successful completion of the 1st semester and submission of proof (College Transcript/report card) to the scholarship administrator.
- Candidates or members of their family are required to help at the annual Feis held each May and demonstrate a history of participation in events that promote “Irish Culture”* or participate in Community Service during Middle and High School. (Min 10 hrs)
- Completed application must be received by the Scholarship Administrator, Jim Scully at or before the March meeting.
*Gaelic football, hurling, Irish step dancing, musical instrument or other Irish traditional activity.